<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

West Coast Wankers 

Hal, you don't mind if I rant, do you? ;-)

"WEST COAST CHOPPERS". I'm seeing their t-shirts, sweaters, and automobile stickers everywhere these days. Especially on pick-up trucks, on guys who look like they haven't showered in 4 days, and on little teenage mall twerps.

If I lived in Long Beach California, I wouldn't say anything. But I live in a small suburban city 1 hour from Toronto, Ontario, Canada!! WTF is going on?

West Coast Choppers is a small custom bike/car shop in Long Beach, owned by Jesse James, that guy on Discovery's "Monster Garage". While I'd find it REALLY lame if everyone was wearing "Monster Garage" shirts, I still find it rather ridiculous to see little punks and grown men alike walking around with these shirts.

I can't help but wonder WHY. What, you can't afford one of his choppers so wearing a t-shirt is the next best thing? I don't think so. You're slapping a sticker on your over-sized pickup truck to ... to what? Help advertise a "little guy"? Hey, thanks. I was in the market for a high priced custom motorcycle, and now thanks to you and your little sticker, I know where to buy it. What would I have done without you!?

Since this kind of lameness is happening 3000 miles away from Long Beach, across the border, in a little boring town, I can only assume it's happening in cities across the continent. Post your comments folks. Where have YOU seen the infamous shirts and stickers?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com